We are looking for a Educational Facilitator to join our TLCS Online team!
Reporting to the Site Director, The TLCS Online Educational Facilitator (EF) is an innovator that inspires and supports all education needs of families assigned to them by facilitating an engaging and highly individualized education. The EF gives academic and operational support to their parents and learners. EFs should be positive, caring individuals with excellent organizational skills. They should have stellar verbal and written communication skills. TLCS Online EFs must be self-starters as well as team players; flexible and sensitive to the needs of others in the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- Oregon Teaching Credential required.
- Previous experience with or independent study programs strongly preferred.
- Some knowledge of high school graduation requirements and how they are met.
- Respect for, knowledge of and some experience with or independent study programs.
- Love of learners, enthusiasm for learning, the belief that each learner can and will succeed and the willingness to do what it takes to support an excellent environment.
- Belief in the TLCS mission and a willingness to work as a vital part of the TLCS team to ensure excellence in learning opportunities and contribute to the TLCS community as a whole.
- Understand and support a variety of learning styles, philosophies, and approaches to better support the virtual learner endeavor.
- Ability to align project-based curriculum with standards and willingness to adopt grading practices that can be used to authentically assess a learner’s progress.
- Ability to effectively support and recommend a broad range of instructional strategies, curriculum options, challenging goals and also provide advice and feedback.
- Demonstrated competence using technology to communicate and support learning.
- Willingness to be involved in committees and task forces to support the school’s mission.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial thinking and strategic vision.
- Basic knowledge of high school graduation requirements and how they can be met or a willingness to learn and be trained on them.
- Must possess basic computer skills as well as a willingness to expand technology skill-set.
- Must be comfortable learning and using online data systems such as Google Doc, Sheets and Forms.
- This position requires the ability to exercise mature judgment in working with confidential information.
- Cover Letter
- Professional Resume
- Current letters of Recommendation (3 required)
- Internal applicants submit a letter of intent
- Completed online application