Dear TLCS Community:
The following is an update on the current status of school closure, and our plans moving forward. There are MANY details for which we do not yet have answers. We are discussing, planning and making student-centered decisions so that we can make sure that we are taking care of our staff, students and families.
Our plans include:
- We are waiting for ODE to establish modified guidelines for seniors. We will craft individual graduation plans with students and families in order to get our students through this. We anticipate clear guidance concerning requirements early next week and will begin working on these plans.
- You may have heard today that the federal government has suspended the requirement for state testing. We are waiting on further guidance on how this will impact the Essential Skills requirement, both for seniors, and for younger students. We will communicate with you once we know more.
- We will be implementing a Supplemental Learning Plan. This is a way for us to make sure that our students maintain both their academic skills and their communication connections with TLCS staff. This work is meant to keep students engaged until school returns to normal. At the end of spring break, TLCS will communicate with students and families regarding Supplemental Learning options for students.
- To-go meals will continue through Spring Break. The State recognizes that meal services are important for many families. We will serve on Monday and Wednesday only, but each day families will receive two days’ worth of meals. See our website for details. This service will continue as long as school is closed, and we will update you about it going forward.
- All other activities (clubs, sports, etc.) have been cancelled during this closure. See our website for a more comprehensive list.
Please continue to watch our website and social media platforms for continued updates. As we get answers to questions and create plans, we will be communicating out to our families as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience. This is all evolving very rapidly.