March 29, 2020
Dear TLCS Community,
This message is an update about our school district on several important topics. I have attempted to provide our staff, families and community with as much information as possible, knowing that certain things are still not yet known
- A reminder: Our schools are closed through April 28. That includes the gym, weight room, and playground. All extra-curricular activities (sports, clubs, etc.) are also canceled.
- As the situation continues to develop, we are looking at a number of ways to deliver the best possible experiences for students during the extended break, and we want to make sure all of our students can remain connected to school and have regular access to supplemental learning opportunities and materials. We have gathered some information about technology access at home, and will be reaching out to families. Watch for more information.
- We are continuing to provide to-go meals for all children. Please see our website for updated days/times and procedures. Please thank a meal prep person when you see them!
- Supplemental Education and Learning Supports (SEAL): We will be mailing packets of Supplemental Learning work to all students K-11 on Tuesday March 31. In accordance with ODE, this work is meant to supplement our regular education only. This work is ungraded and uncredited, and none of it needs to turned in. It is provided in order to keep kids engaged in learning, and stay connected to their school community. This first packet will contain work for approximately two weeks.
- We are still waiting on details about updated graduation requirements from the Oregon Department of Education. As soon as we have finalized guidance from ODE, we will be reaching out to each seniors’ family and developing individual plans. (Seniors will not receive SEAL work with the 3/31 mailing.)
- We are making plans for ways that students and families can connect with teachers to check in and get help on supplemental work. Stay tuned for more information regarding virtual “office hours” and how to contact teachers.
Please continue to stay home as much as possible and to do all the things you have been asked to do like social distancing, washing your hands, staying away from crowds, etc.
Watch the TLCS website and Facebook page for the most up to date information related to the school closure, and our plans for supporting students and families during this time.